I fell in love with these bright colored tabletop accessories while looking online at Easter decor. So delicate and whimsical, I knew that everyone would love these finds. Best of all, all the items could be used year round to add color and style to any kitchen. Don’t you love the sunny yellows that are popular this season? I definitely do!
Recently, I have come across some FABULOUS blogs for party and event planning! Jon’s mom, Karen, and I were talking the other day about unique blogs and she showed me The Cupcake Social! I got so inspired by their website that I started exploring other party blogs.
The websites listed below all offer chic decorating tips, recipes and inspiration for your next celebration. I hope you love these blogs as much as I do!
1. The Cupcake Social – Offers colorful cupcake accessories that are perfect for any event!
Photo: The Cupcake Social
2. P is for Party – Beautiful party pictures and decorating ideas! Also, really cute blog layout and design.
Photo: P is for Party
3. The White Library – Stylish entertaining tips and delicious recipes for your next occasion!
Photo: The White Library
4. Creating Couture Parties – Beautiful wedding and event photos! I love all the unique ideas this site offers.
Photo: Creating Couture Parties
5. The Party Dress – Absolutely amazing blog that offers ideas for entertaining! I have to say, I LOVE the idea of cake pops, but I had a terrible experience making them over the summer. However, in my fantasy life, I would be making cake pop centerpieces like the one below all the time. It is so pretty!!
Photo: The Party Dress
You can also shop for stationary with their sister website WH Hostess. Beautiful and modern invitations.
Photo: WH Hostess
7. ElemenOPillows – Modern and bold pillow covers that make a PERFECT host/hostess gift for any celebration! Not to mention, they are made by Jon’s mom, Karen! Pick some up for your next event!
These blogs have all given me so many terrific ideas that I now need to host a party! Let me know if I am missing any event planning blogs, as I would love to read more!
On a cold Ohio day, is there anything more enjoyable than brewing a delicious cup of coffee and snuggling up on the couch to read a fun book on entertaining? In my opinion, no. So, to no surprise, that is exactly what I did this afternoon! I picked up Lisa Vanderpump’s book Simply Divine: A Guide to Easy, Elegant and Affordable Entertaining, and read it on this snowy Columbus day.
Lisa Vanderpump is a restauranteur, columnist and TV star. Her book is loaded with wonderful and elegant recipes, dinner party advice and a little more insight into the opulent life of “Pinky.” Vanderpump’s book includes tips on table setting, floral arranging, preparing/presenting food and advice on being a gracious host. Simply Divine is filled with glamorous pictures of Lisa, her adorable Pomeranian Giggy, and of course mouthwatering photos of her recipes!
The book’s layout really appealed to me. Simply Divine starts out with some detail of Vanderpump’s world and background, while incorporating elegant entertaining advice she has learned throughout her years in the restaurant business. After the first few opening chapters, Vanderpump shares her delicious recipes, arranging them it in a unique way. Rather than dividing the book by course (such as breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert), Simply Divine grouped recipes by mood: cozy, sexy, impressive, sunny and lazy. I don’t know about you, but my feelings definitely affect what I feel like eating and cooking! On a snowy day like today, I LOVE how easy it is for me to assess at my mood, LAZY, and flip to chapter eight to find complementary meal ideas.
Simply Divine is simply Vanderfabulous! If you are looking for a book filled with tips on being a gracious hostess, go pick up Simply Divine! You are sure to learn new decorating ideas, dinner party recipes and ways to become a more elegant YOU. I definitely recommend this book to women of all ages and I look forward to sharing it’s advice with friends and family.