Ugh…this week marks the start of a new semester. Between my classes and internship starting, I am super busy! I may not be posting as often as I had hoped, but don’t worry, I am going to do my best to update this blog a few times a week!
Today I wanted to post some of my favorite dresses from Saturday night’s Screen Actors Guild awards in L.A.
Here are some new products I tried during January that I would recommend!
1. Green Mountain Caramel Vanilla Cream K-Cups – Delicious! This guilt-free coffee adds a little sweetness to your morning.
3. The North Face Venture Jacket – I love this coat because it is lightweight and keeps you dry on a wet, rainy day.
4. Skinnygirl White Cranberry Cosmo – Have I mentioned I’m a little obsessed/in love with Bethenny Frankel? Well, here is a Skinnygirl product I tried that is delicious and calorie conscious. I mixed this with diet 7-up and it was FABULOUS!
5. New Chobani Flavors – Chobani Greek yogurt is a great source of protein for lunch. I tried some new flavors this month that are delicious: Apple Cinnamon, Black Cherry, Passion Fruit and Mango!
6. Trader Joe’s Sea Salt & Pepper Crisps (made with rice) – A gluten free snack that is crunchy, salty and only 120 calories per serving!
7. Arbonne Ultra Hydrating Hand Creme – Lightweight moisturizer that smells fresh and clean.
Most of us have an alter ego that lives inside and is seldom exposed to the world. Sure it may come out under special circumstances, but it is typically buried away in a safe place. But wait…what if your alter ego was so fabulous, so over-the-top outrageous that you could not hide it any longer? Would you expose it to the world? One Denison University grad did just that! But this article isn’t about him, it is about his alter-ego…
A combination of kitsch, pop culture, camp and comedy form to create Columbus drag queen extraordinaire. Welcome to the world of Nina West!
Winner of the 2008 National Entertainer of the Year and performer in Hair Spray, Mamma Mia and Phantom of the Opera (to name a few), Nina West is an icon to the drag community. She has proven to the world that being a drag queen is not a shameful or less-than profession. It is an expression of art.
Today, you can catch the uber popular queen performing her own shows right here in Columbus! She is the force behind such musicals as: Heels of Horror: A Nightmare on High Street, Two Peas in a Pod, and A West Family Christmas.
Nina West’s elaborate and jaw-dropping costumes are one reason to check out her shows! Below are a few of my favorite outfits she has made/worn.
But behind the thick layers of make-up, over-the-top costumes and sometimes outrageous songs, Nina’s shows tell a simple message, love yourself!
One reason I enjoy watching Nina perform is for how she makes me feel. I always leave her shows feeling empowered and ready to take on the world. Nina’s strong character is an inspiration for people everywhere to be true to themselves and not be afraid of what others may think.
Aside from being talented, fashionable and down-right fabulous, Nina also has a caring heart. She is the co-founder of Project: Zero Ohio, an organization that raises money and awareness for local HIV/AIDS. So far Nina has raised over $300,000 for various HIV/AIDS organizations.
Her shows open your mind to a new world, one where people are free to express themselves however they wish. Her message, universal. Her antics, wild and hilarious. But above all, Nina West is one of a kind.
For information on upcoming shows or more insight into the world of Nina West, check out her website!
Here are a few of my favorite items I discovered in December:
1. Sperry Kingbird Boot – Perfect for a rainy day!
2. Green Mountain Gingerbread K-Cups for Keurig – Tastes like the holiday season in every cup! I found these at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
3. Gelish Jet Set Gel Polish – Grays are popular this winter and this color adds a little sparkle to your day! Gel polish lasts for up to four weeks. My favorite place to get a manicure is Posh Nail Bar, located in Westerville and New Albany. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
4. Victoria’s Secret Velour Classic Pant – This outfit is warm and comfy. Perfect for cold winter days! I love the graphite and eggplant colors.
5. MICHAEL Michael Kors Jetset Tote – I am a fan of this bag for many reasons. The side pockets make it perfect to keep your phone convenient and safe. In addition, the inside is loaded with pockets perfect for a mirror, lotion or make-up. Although it is a splurge, this bag will last a long time if you use leather cleaner.
6. Philosophy Candy Cane Shower Gel – This product is fabulous for its peppermint fragrance and ultra soft feeling! I also love Bath and Body Works Paris Amour. This scent is light and romantic; a combination of tulips and champagne.
What are some of your favorite items this winter?