My favorite things for May is geared towards the beach! Jon and I are heading to Fort Lauderdale, FL in about one week and we are more than ready for relaxing by the pool and soaking up the sun! These items are essentials for a sea-side vacation or laying around by the pool!
1. Gloria Jean’s Macadamia Cookie Coffee K-Cups – Sweet and flavorful, this coffee tastes like a warm sugar cookie. I’ve never been to Hawaii, however, I imagine this flavor lingering in the Hawaiian air.
2. Clinique 7 Day Scrub – A subtle scrub that leaves skin feeling smooth and clean after a long day under the sun.
3. Skinnydipping by Bethenny Frankel – This dishy fiction book is a fun beach read full of hilarious and laugh-out-loud moments.
4. Ralph Lauren Polarized Sunglasses – I bought these last summer and I am still loving these more than any other pair I own. The gold, aviator style adds a feminine and glamorous touch to any outfit.
5. Victoria’s Secret The Beach Dress – I just ordered another color in this dress because I like it so much! It is the perfect beach or pool cover-up that is still dressy enough to wear out to lunch.
6. Gelish Passion Nail Polish – A bright, pinkish-orange color is perfect for a tropical getaway. Keep in mind, too, that gel nail polish lasts up to 3 weeks, so no touch-ups needed!
7. True Blue Spa Tahiti Sweetie – An exotic lotion that is rich in coconut oil, leaving skin moisturized after a long day in the sun.
8. Lacoste Solid Logo Beach Towel – Over-sized and soft, this towel comes in a variety of vibrant colors that is great for laying around on lounge chairs or in the sand!
Leave it to Kate Spade to design a line of accessories that literally speak to us. These playful words and phrases incorporated on everyday objects add a touch of whimsy and panache to what could have been a mundane item. But then again, dull is not a word in Kate’s vocabulary. The blend of unexpected expression and sophisticated design create a very eye-catching item that is unlike any other. Simple, yet ingenious. These imaginative accessories would make for a perfect splurge on yourself or a friend!
I am writing this post in shock…when did April 30th arrive?? I can hardly believe tomorrow is the start of May! This month I haven’t been able to test many new foods. I had a gum graft done and have been forced to eat soft foods for a majority of the month. However, I can assure you I am now an expert on low-sodium, non-spicy, crunchy-less products. All in the name of beauty I guess. Don’t worry, I did try some other items besides food that are great for spring! Enjoy my favorite things from April!
1. Nature’s Path Blueberry Cinnamon Flax Oatmeal – Delicious, filling and organic, this oatmeal makes for the perfect start to any day.
2. BCBGENERATION Ruffled Collar Dress – This breezy and lightweight dress is great for any occasion and very affordable, under $100. I do think the dress run a little big, though, so you might consider ordering the next size down.
3. Special K Chocolately Delight Cereal – A low-calorie, sinfully sweet cereal that won’t leave you feeling guilty.
4. Mad Men – My absolute obsession this month! I am watching all the past seasons on Netflix, literally hours a day. WARNING: if you have not seen this series, you must watch. But be warned, you will be hooked. Say goodbye to your friends and family, because Donald Draper and Roger Sterling will be your new BFs!
5. Green Mountain Hazelnut Iced Coffee K-Cups – This cold brew, iced coffee is a refreshing drink in hot and sunny weather.
6. Bath & Body Works Pink Chiffon Lotion – Light, airy and feminine, Pink Chiffon is the must-have scent for spring!
All you Columbus enthusiasts, listen up! Columbus Alive has released its “Best of Columbus 2012” list, featuring the best restaurants, shopping, culture and entertainment picks voted on by the public, and yours truly. 99 categories were up for grabs this year. Here is a peek at some of the winners:
Dinning:1. Best New Restaurant – The Jury Room 2. Best Steakhouse – Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse 3. Best Vegetarian & Best Brunch – Northstar Cafe 4. Best Fine Dinning & Romantic – Refectory 5. Best Asian – Nida’s Thai on High 6. Best Pizza – Hounddog’s 7. Best Sandwich – Katzinger’s Deli 8. Best Sushi – Haiku 9. Best Italian – Marcella’s 10. Best Burger – Thurman Cafe 11. Best Seafood – Columbus Fish Market 12. Best Mexican – El Vaquero 13. Best Bar Food – Betty’s Fine Food & Spirits 14. Best Dessert –Pistacia Vera 15. Best Ice Cream – Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams
Nightlife:1. Best New Bar – World of Beer 2. Best Brewery – Columbus Brewing Company 3. Best Cocktail List – Barrel 44 Whiskey Bar 4. Best Irish Pub – Brazenhead 5. Best Happy Hour – Bodega 6. Best Dance Club – Wall Street Nightclub 7. Best Neighborhood Bar – Club 185 8. Best Sports Bar – Roosters Wings 9. Best Wine List – Refectory 10. Best Movie Theater – Arena Grand Movie Theatre
Shopping:1. Best New Store – Celebrate Local Ohio 2. Best Yoga Studio – Yoga on High 3. Best Bicycle Shop – Roll 4. Best Gift Shop – Wholly Craft 5. Best Bookstore – The Book Loft 6. Best Hair Salon – Lucky 13 7. Best Fitness Center – Urban Active 8. Best Home Decor Store – Bungalow 9. Best Spa – Woodhouse Day Spa 10. Best Wine Shop – Wine on High
For the entire “Best of Columbus 2012” list, check out Columbus Alive. What do you think of this year’s choices?? Agree, disagree…think some great places are M.I.A?
WOW, March is almost over! I can’t believe I have only 7 weeks of class left until I’m a senior! Even more exciting, it is time once again for my favorite things March addition. This month is all about color, health and getting beach-ready! Enjoy these fabulous items!
1. Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer – This lotion is perfect for a sun kissed look without the orange tint. Natural Glow is very subtle self-tanner that adds a splash of color without hurting or damaging your skin.
2. Green Mountain French Vanilla Iced Coffee K Cups – Brew this coffee over ice. It makes for the perfect drink that is cool and refreshing! I take one to class everyday, thanks Jake for getting me hooked!
3. J Crew 3” Chino Short – A great length of shorts that comes in a variety of bright, fun and vibrant colors! Also, if you are a college student, show your I.D. and receive an additional 15% off your purchase.
4. Kashi TLC Layered Granola Bars Dark Chocolate Coconut – A delicious indulgence that won’t set you back tons of calories. Pretty much any bar that has chocolate and coconut together, and under 150 calories, I am going to love!
5. Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 – This is a great lip gloss that is lightweight and sheer. I am a fan of the shade air kiss, it is a shimmery, light shade of pink.
6. Sperry Angelfish Boat Shoe (Leopard) – Super comfortable and easy to wear to to class, these Sperry’s are great for everyday of the week, even if you’re not boating. I love my leopard print pattern!
7. Kate Spade Flicker Tenley Cross-body – What could be better than bright orange and patent leather? This cross-body bag is a fabulous buy for summer that will keep your hands free to carry your french vanilla iced coffee!
I am thrilled that spring is quickly approaching, not only for the warm weather, but for the BRIGHT clothing colors this season!
Yesterday, Jon and I went to Easton and I was in HEAVEN. Nordstrom, Express, J Crew, Loft and Banana Republic were all showing neon and vibrant colors! Don’t they instantly put you in a good mood? Here are some eye-catching finds I spotted in stores and online:
Well, it’s time again for my February edition of favorite things! I get so excited to talk about new products and share items with you all that I look forward to this post every month! So, without further ado, here are my top items from February:
1. Starbucks Breakfast Blend K-Cups – This is a medium roast coffee that will definitely wake you up and keep you alert all morning!
2. Planters NUT-rition Energy Mix– A mix of almonds, pecans, sesame sticks and chocolate-covered soy nuts that make for a healthy snack anytime of day.
3. Aveda Volumizing Tonic – An amazing spray for your hair made from organic aloe that lifts roots and creates maximum volume.
4. Skinnygirl Yoga Pant – I am in LOVE with these yoga pants! The breathable cotton spandex fabric makes these pants perfect for relaxing!
5. Dooney & Bourke Nylon North/South Triple Zip – I borrowed this bag from my mom while I was in Chicago and it was perfect for wearing around the city! It’s lightweight design makes it great for wearing out. Not to mention, it comes in very fun colors!
6. Sprinkles Cupcakes – Nothing compares to these rich and fresh cupcakes made at the world’s first cupcake bakery! I am a huge fan of the red velvet, although I can’t image any flavor would taste bad!
As you probably know from reading this blog, I am meticulous about my skincare. I swear by Clinique, purpose soap and one secret method for keeping my skin clean…facials! I try and get a facial every 6-9 weeks to keep my skin clear and refreshed. The absolute BEST skincare specialist in Columbus is the one and only…David Senft!
For over 7 years now I have been going to David’s European Skincare in the Short North for a European facial and eyebrow/lip wax. Thanks to David’s amazing work and top of the line Olos Natura products, he has transformed my skin from oily and uneven to smooth and acne free!
David specializes in everything from Microdermabrasion and European Facials to Brazilian waxing. He has a huge array of facials including: Deep Pore Facials, Glycolic Peel Facials, Pumpkin Facials, Oxygen Facials and much more.
David’s professional, intimate and quality service has built him an extreemly high reputation in Columbus for being the best in the business. His inviting personality, lively energy and professional attitude are some of the reasons why David’s business is so fantastic.
On top of being the best skincare specialist in Columbus, David is a great friend! Whenever I go to my appointment, David is always excited to see me and greets me with a huge smile! I look forward to my appointment days in advance because I know I get to catch up with David and leave his salon feeling and looking fabulous!
For the best skincare and waxing in Columbus, call David at David’s European Skincare and make an appointment!Davids European Skincare 909 North High St Columbus, OH 43201 Short North 614-299-2222 firstname.lastname@example.org