We have made it to Friday! On this cold and snowy day I decided to share some healthy, guilt-free snacks you can eat at anytime!
1. Sugar snap peas – They are crunchy, sweet and delicious! At only 50 calories a cup, you can sit down with a bowl of these and relax.
2. Almonds – I keep the 100 calorie packs on hand. They fill you up and are a great salty treat. They are also available with a cocoa coating that would make for a sweet after-dinner snack!
3. Fat Free Muffins – I love the Krusteaz fat-free cranberry orange muffins. At 140 calories a muffin, you can eat this with zero guilt! Top with a little spray butter and this treat would go well with a cup of coffee!
4. Pita Chips & Hummus – Kashi and Melba Toast both make wholesome pita crackers. Hummus is very nutritious and an excellent source of fiber.
5. Greek Yogurt – A snack that is loaded with protein! My favorite is Chobani Greek Yogurt, which comes in a huge variety of flavors. Most Chobani’s are 140 calories.
6. Popcorn – The 100 calorie packs are great if you are looking for a salty snack when watching TV. I add a touch of salt and spray butter to spruce up the popcorn.
7. Peanut Butter & English Muffin – When I’m really hungry in the afternoon, I will toast half of a whole-wheat English muffin and spread a tablespoon of fat-free or all natural peanut butter for a high protein snack.
8. Cottage Cheese – Loaded with protein and calcium, non-fat cottage cheese is great to enjoy at anytime of the day!