Here is a list of indulgent, boutique dessert shops around Columbus.
1. Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams – A collection of unique ice cream flavors made from fresh ingredients. Hands down the best ice cream shop in Columbus for artistic flavors! Some of my favorites include: Brambleberry Crisp, Riesling Poached Pear Sorbet and Wildberry Lavender.
2. Sugardaddy’s – “Couture” brownies and blondies that are to die for! These edgeless treats are moist, decadent and perfect for any occasion. I love the Tahiti, Cherry Almond, Rich Mint and Dark Berry flavors!
3. Short North Piece of Cake – Best cakes in Columbus! I am a huge fan of their rich and delicious cupcakes! The red velvet cake with vanilla cream filling and cream cheese frosting is amazing. My other favorite cupcake is white cake with almond cream filling and white buttercream frosting. Look how cute my birthday cupcakes were!
4. Schneider’s Bakery – The most delicious donuts around! If you are looking for a traditional, family run bakery, you must visit Schneider’s in uptown Westerville. Known to college students for it’s famous “donut run,” Schneider’s opens at 1:00 am and for $1 you have your choice of donut and drink. My favorite donut is the orange roll!
5. Bakery Gingham – Beautiful custom cakes with out-of-the-box flavors! Bakery Gingham specializes in artistic and whimsical cake creations. The bakery also offers delicious cookies (especially the no-bakes) and cupcakes. Some mouthwatering flavors include: Snowball, Champagne Wishes, Keylime and Haute Chocolate.
What are your favorite Columbus dessert shops?